What is it:
This is a virtual clinic designed to help small businesses and nonprofits navigate the legal issues they are experiencing due to Covid-19. Small businesses and nonprofits will get to meet with a lawyer for a free 60-minute legal consultation by phone or video conference (client preference). Clinic appointments are scheduled at a time that is convenient for the client and attorney. After you apply for services, we will match you with a lawyer, and the lawyer will call you to schedule your appointment. We have created this new and expanded clinic system to handle a high volume of covid-19 related requests. Interpretation is available in a variety of languages.
Who is eligible:
- Washington Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Must have 50 employees or less
- Covid-19 has affected their business
- Annual revenues of less than $2 million
What types of legal questions:
This clinic is to help small businesses and nonprofits with their legal needs that have arisen due to Covid-19. Areas of law that we are offering services include:
- Federal funding opportunities under the CARES ACT (Payroll Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) programs.
- Commercial Lease issues (WA and Seattle eviction moratoriums, lease amendments, landlord issues)
- Employment Law issues (Paid Family and Medical Leave, Unemployment, Furloughs, etc)
- Insurance questions
- Bankruptcy, Dissolution, Merger
- General business law
- General nonprofit law
How do I schedule an appointment with a lawyer:
Three options to request an appointment with a lawyer:
- Fill out our Client Intake form online.
- Download Client Intake form (word version), complete it and email it to us at email@example.com
- Download Client Intake form in Chinese or Spanish, complete it in Chinese or Spanish and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email us at email@example.com and request an intake for the Covid-19 Legal Clinic.
- Please indicate your preferred language in your request. Interpretation is available.