This page provides information and resources for small businesses. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us and we will do our best to connect you with additional resources.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Please note the resources below are for reference purposes only. An organization should always consult and tailor this information to the organization’s needs. If you need a consultation with an attorney or subject matter expert, depending on eligibility, we may be able to help by providing you with one (that’s what we do).
This toolkit is a set of resources Communities Rise has created for entrepreneurs who are starting businesses in Washington.
This toolkit is designed to provide key, easy-to-understand information for small businesses about common terms or sections of a typical commercial lease.
Communities Rise is providing a range of resources and support for organizations and small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. Please check out these pages for more information about what you can find on our website or how you access additional support.
Check out a running list of funding opportunities. Note that these are not funded by CR and we recommend you refer to the individual funders for the most up to date information.
This video and supplementary materials can help your small business or nonprofit navigate the process of re-negotiating or potentially ending a lease due to reduced revenue/operating income from the COVID crisis.
This Toolkit is designed to help small business owners plan for retirement and passing on or selling your business. This Toolkit will explain legal concepts, lay out the questions you will need to consider and provides a worksheet to gather the information you will need to create a succession plan.
Intellectual Property Basics
This Toolkit provides an overview on the different types of Intellectual Property for small businesses including copyright and trademarks and points business owners to additional resources that may be helpful in securing intellectual property rights.
- Copyright Basics for Small Businesses
- Español: ¿Qué Onda con los Derechos de Autor?
- Trademark Basics for Small Businesses
Manufacturing and Marketing
Organizations that are working with small businesses to assist with manufacturing and marketing.
- Seattle Good Business Network – this network collectively builds resilient, vibrant and inclusive local economy through buying, producing, and investing locally.
- Seattle Made – a collaboration of over six hundred urban manufacturers, producers, creators and entrepreneurs working to strengthen Seattle’s local economy and communities to provide meaningful living wage jobs, and contribute to Seattle’s independent and innovative culture.
- Refugee Artisan Network – RAI partners with immigrant women to foster an inclusive, prosperous transition to the US through artisan skills training in zero waste and small batch manufacturing.
- Evergreen BizLink – Washington referral network helping startup and existing businesses connect with local, regional and statewide resource partners who provide business and financial technical assistance to help businesses grow and prosper.