- This event has passed.
So You Want to be a Nonprofit? – S. King County Training
February 27, 2018 | 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm$10.00
In this interactive workshop, participants will receive information that will assist them to:
- Decide if a nonprofit is the best structure for addressing the community need they have identified; and
- Understand the process for forming a Washington State nonprofit corporation and/or applying for IRS tax-exempt status.
Topics we’ll cover include:
- What you need to know before forming a nonprofit (Look before you Leap);
- How to assess your readiness to form and sustain a nonprofit;
- Simple steps to take you from your dream to nonprofit with IRS 501 (c) (3) tax- exempt status; and
- Helpful hints and pitfalls to avoid when forming your organization.
This training is part of our South King County Nonprofit Legal Training Series and is intended for residents of S. King County and organizations that serve S. King County residents.
Jodi Nishioka, Exec. Dir., Wayfind
Sarah Tran, Exec. Dir, NAC
February 28, 2018
5:30 PM – 6:00 PM (Dinner)
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (Presentation)
Wayfind and NAC Offices
515 W. Harrison Street, Suite 208
Kent, WA 98032