- This event has passed.
Understanding Grants for Nonprofits 101
November 20, 2019 | 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Join us in South King County for a training and conversation about nonprofits and the grant process. We will have a panel of presenters from the City of Kent who have inside knowledge about funding from the City of Kent and an experienced nonprofit leader who has worked for a public funder and also for a nonprofit.
We will be discussing the granting process from beginning to end including:
- Developing your grant proposal,
- Negotiating your grant agreement with the funder,
- Grant requirements and legal compliance,
- Financial and data tracking and reporting, and
- Developing a relationship with the funder.
This training is ideal for nonprofit leaders who are new to the granting process.
The panelists will share their perspective:
- As a funder and what they are looking for in proposals and in their relationship with grantees and community organizations
- As a nonprofit leader applying for funding and managing the grants they received
South King County
This training is part of our South King County Nonprofit Legal Training Series and is intended for residents of S. King County and organizations that serve S. King County residents. Registration is limited to S. King County participants. This training is also sponsored by the Seattle Foundation and City of Kent and is a partnership of Wayfind and the Nonprofit Assistance Center (NAC). In the event that tickets sell out, non-South King County organizations may be waitlisted.
Wayfind and NAC