So You Want to be a Nonprofit? – Webinar
December 9 | 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Should we become a nonprofit or something else?
This training will cover considerations that community members should be thinking about and planning for before they make the decision to create a nonprofit organization.
In this interactive workshop, participants will receive information that will assist them to:
- Decide if a nonprofit is the best structure for addressing the community need they have identified; and
- Understand the process for forming a Washington State nonprofit corporation and/or applying for IRS tax-exempt status.
Topics well cover include:
- what you need to know before forming a nonprofit (look before you leap);
- how to assess your readiness to form and sustain a nonprofit;
- simple steps to take you from your dream to nonprofit with IRS 501 (c) (3) tax- exempt status;
- helpful hints and pitfalls to avoid when forming your organization; and
- much more!
Judy Andrews, Apex Law Group
Jodi Nishioka, Communities Rise