October Microenterprise Legal Clinic
October 13 | 5:00 pm – 7:15 pm
Communities Rise and Ventures have partnered to offer pro-bono legal services for your business. Microenterprises can make an appointment for a one hour consultation to meet one-on-one with an attorney to answer legal questions about their governance and business law needs, such as:
- Business Entity Formation – Advising on choice of entity (LLC/PLLC, Sole Proprietor, Partnership, C-Corporation, Social Purpose Corporation) and creation of corporate entity.
- Drafting Agreements – Advising on and drafting of Shareholder Agreements, Operating Agreements.
- Advice on Corporate Governance
- Maintenance and Compliance with State and Federal Law
- Taxes – Advising on federal, state, and local taxes.
- Contracts – Drafting and advising on business contracts.
- Employment – Preparing, reviewing and revising personnel policies, independent contractor agreements, vendor agreements, employment contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
- Real Estate – Drafting or reviewing property leases and purchase and sale agreements.
- Intellectual Property – Advising on intellectual property issues, including Assisting with registration of trademarks, and advising on copyright protection, license agreements, or website-related agreements. Note that we do not provide legal assistance on patent matters.
- Risk and Liability Assessment – Advising on risk and liability assessment including drafting of waiver and release forms, and advice on insurance coverage.
These services are available by appointment only for Washington based small businesses. Email email@example.com with questions or to schedule. All clinics have been moved online until further notice.
Can’t make this one? These clinics occur monthly!
This clinic is exclusively for microenterprises, and does not provide services for individual or personal concerns. Consultations are by appointment only and often fill up quickly. To be eligible, household income must be less than 80% of the 2019 HUD King County median income.