- This event has passed.
Nonprofit Board Membership 101
April 7, 2016 | 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm$10
This training is for S. King County residents and organizations only.
In this interactive workshop, participants will receive information that about nonprofit board membership that will assist them to:
· Decide if they want to be a nonprofit board of directors
· Understand the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board membership.
Who should come to this workshop?
Individuals, groups, and others that are on nonprofit boards, considering creating a nonprofit, or joining a nonprofit board.
· Legal duties of board members under Washington State law.
· Role of nonprofit board as a group and board members individually
· Relationship between the board and Executive Director and employees/volunteers.
Presenters: Tony Ramsay, Karr Tuttle and Campbell, Sarah Tran, Nonprofit Assistance Center and Jodi Nishioka, Wayfind.
Dinner will be served at 5:30 pm and the presentation will start at 6:00 pm.
Nonprofit Legal Clinic: We will also be offering one-on-one appointments for 45 minutes with an attorney to talk about nonprofit legal questions from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Please email email@example.com if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Register online at: Available soon.
Cost: $10 (dinner included)
This training is part of our South King County Nonprofit Legal Training Series and is sponsored by The Seattle Foundation and Pacific Continental Bank for the South King County community, and is partnership of Wayfind and the Nonprofit Assistance Center.