January Small Business Legal Clinic
January 12, 2021 | 5:00 pm – 7:15 pm
Communities Rise and Ventures have partnered to offer pro-bono legal services for your business. Small business owners can make an appointment for a one hour consultation to meet one-on-one with an attorney to answer legal questions about their governance and business law needs. The clinic is a great opportunity for general questions on the following:
- Business Entity Formation – Advising on choice of entity (LLC/PLLC, Sole Proprietor, Partnership, C-Corporation, Social Purpose Corporation) and creation of corporate entity.
- Advice on Corporate Governance
- Maintenance and Compliance with State and Federal Law
- Taxes – Advising on federal, state, and local taxes.
- Contracts – General advice on business contracts.
- Employment – General advice on personnel policies, independent contractor agreements, vendor agreements, employment contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
- Real Estate – General advice about property leases, purchase and sale agreements.
- Risk and Liability Assessment – General advice on risk and liability assessment, and insurance coverage.
This clinic is exclusively for small businesses, and does not provide services for individual or personal concerns. Consultations are by appointment only and often fill up quickly. To be eligible, household income must be less than 80% of the 2020 HUD King County median income.
These services are available by appointment only for Washington based small businesses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule. All clinics have been moved online until further notice.