- This event has passed.
Day of Caring: Free Legal Clinic
January 17, 2018 | 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
A Special Martin Luther King Day of Caring
Microenterprise and Nonprofit Legal Clinic
(FREE Legal Consultation with an Attorney)
Date: January 17, 2018
Time: 45 minute appointments available between 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Location: 2100 Building, 2100 24th Avenue, South, Seattle
Wayfind is partnering with United Way of King County and Ventures, Center for Inclusive Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit Assistance Center, ArtsFund and Association of Corporate Counsel to offer free business law consultations with a lawyer to small business owners and nonprofit staff.
Sign up to meet with a lawyer, at no cost, and ask them your legal questions about your business or nonprofit. There will be attorneys with expertise in the following areas:
- Starting up your business or nonprofit:
- Which type of legal entity should you become? Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, Nonprofit, Tax-Exempt Nonprofit
- Obtaining 501c3 tax-exemption for Nonprofits
• Employment Law
• Intellectual Property (Protecting your name and logo)
• Nonprofit Governance and Compliance Checklist – This is a special free consultation that will go over all the nonprofit governance and legal 501c3 compliance requirements for nonprofit organizations. This consultation will be 1.5 hours long.
This clinic is by registration only. Please register by reaching out to one of us:
- Amy Hollander at Ventures –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Skinner at Center for Inclusive Entrepreneurship – email@example.com
- Jodi Nishioka at Wayfind – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morgan Wells at Nonprofit Assistance Center – email@example.com
- Rachel Porter – firstname.lastname@example.org