This is a new 2021 Small Business Administration grant program for live venue businesses who were shuttered during Covid-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible?
- Live venue operators (fixed seats, ticket sales, public promotion), promoters, theatrical producers, live performing arts operators, museum operators, motion picture operators, and talent reps.
- Must be in operation on Feb 29, 2020
- Must not receive a PPP Loan in 2021 (May have received a PPP Loan in 2020)
- 45% of gross earned revenue if in operation on January 1, 2019
- If venue in operation after Jan 1, 2019, calculate average monthly gross revenue for full months during 2019 and multiply by six.
Allowable Uses of Grant Funds
- Occupancy (Rent, utilities, mortgage) -Leases in effect as of 2-15-20,
- Expenses related to production
- Debt payments incurred in ordinary course of business prior to 2.15.20
- Worker protection costs
- Indep. Contractors (not to exceed $100K)
- Ordinary and necessary business expenses, including state and local taxes
How to Apply for Grant:
- Administered by the SBA Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA)
- Likely online application
- Not posted yet (as of Feb. 6, 2021), but soon.