- This event has passed.
Return to Work – Webinar
June 23, 2021 | 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Legal issues to consider as your nonprofit gets back to business
Online through Washington Nonprofits
What are the legal considerations that nonprofits should consider as employees return to the workplace? In this webinar we will be talking about requirements and compliance issues around Covid-19 vaccinations, safety, medical leave, and other related topics.
Paid family leave for COVID and childcare under the new American Rescue Plan Act
Washington State Paid Sick Leave and (potentially) Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave (after one-week waiting period)
Updated high-risk employee requirements under Proclamation 20-46.3
Considerations around vaccinations
- Avoiding disability-related inquiries
- Reasonable accommodations (sincerely held religious beliefs and disability) and interactive process
- Preparing for mandatory vaccination push-back
- Voluntary/incentivized vaccination policy
- Paid and unpaid leave options for employees getting vaccinated Considerations around scheduling
- Flex time or working from home
- Specifically, what to do with employees who don’t feel comfortable returning to work? When should employers bring employees back?
Linda Fang and Steven Fawcett of Banyan Legal Counsel