- This event has passed.
Ins and Outs of Running a Nonprofit – TACOMA
September 25, 2014 | 8:30 am – 12:00 pm$60 – $110
Wayfind is coming to Tacoma!
This seminar is ideal for nonprofit leaders, including executive directors, management staff and board members, and attorneys who are interested in representing nonprofits. Come and get an overview of the legal requirements all nonprofit leaders should know about. You will hear from legal experts on nonprofit law and compliance requirements and a non-legal nonprofit expert on best practices on how to govern and manage a nonprofit to best meet the legal requirements.
This seminar will cover legal compliance requirements under state and federal law for nonprofit organizations, including:
– The legal duties of nonprofit board members
– The legal filings with state and federal governments
– Taxes and tax filings for nonprofits
– Business licensing for nonprofits
– Basics of employment law for nonprofits
– Basics of risk management and insurance for nonprofits
– Common intellectual property concerns for nonprofits.
Speakers: Brooke Johnson, Kampbell & Johnson; Scott Winship, Vandeberg Johnson & Gandara; and Liz Heath, Sound Nonprofits.
3 CLE Credits for attorneys, approval pending.
$110 for Attorneys with CLE Credit, $90 for Wayfind Volunteer Attorneys with CLE Credit, and $60 for Nonprofit Leaders.