- This event has passed.
Hiring Your First Employee as a Nonprofit
December 12, 2019 | 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Join us to learn what you need to do when you hire your first employee. You will learn about the legal compliance requirements of the State of Washington and Federal government (IRS). We will present a timeline and checklist of what you need to do to make sure you are meeting all the legal requirements of having employees.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Basic knowledge about the hiring process,
- An understanding about minimum wage & overtime laws,
- Basic knowledge of payroll requirements,
- An understanding of the differences between employees and independent contractors, and
- Which documents you can use to help reduce risk.
- Hot dinner served at 5:30pm
- Presentation from 6:00 – 8:00pm
South King County
This training is part of our South King County Nonprofit Legal Training Series and is intended for residents of S. King County and organizations that serve S. King County residents. Registration is limited to S. King County participants. This training is also sponsored by the Seattle Foundation and City of Kent and is a partnership of Wayfind and the Nonprofit Assistance Center (NAC). In the event that tickets sell out, non-South King County organizations may be waitlisted.
Wayfind and NAC