- This event has passed.
Day of Caring – FREE Legal Consultations!
September 23, 2021 | 3:00 pm – 7:45 pm
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Time: 1-hour appointments available between 3:00 – 7:45 pm
Location: To protect the health of our clients, volunteers, and staff, this legal clinic will be held as Zoom consultations ONLY.
A special thank you to our generous sponsor, T-Mobile!!
Translation services available upon request.
Communities Rise is partnering with United Way of King County and Ventures to offer free business law consultations to small businesses and nonprofits.
Sign up to meet with a lawyer, at no cost, and ask them your legal questions about your business or nonprofit. There will be attorneys with expertise in the following areas (including but not limited to):
- Business Entity Formation – Advising on choice of entity (LLC/PLLC, Sole Proprietor, Partnership, C-Corporation, Social Purpose Corporation) and creation of corporate entity.
- Advice on Corporate Governance
- Maintenance and Compliance with State and Federal Law
- Taxes – Advising on federal, state, and local taxes.
- Employment – General advice on personnel policies, independent contractor agreements, vendor agreements, employment contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
- Real Estate – General advice about property leases, purchase and sale agreements.
- Risk and Liability Assessment – General advice on risk and liability assessment, and insurance coverage.
- Obtaining 501c3 tax-exemption for Nonprofits
Please register by completing our online google form:
Update: 8/20/21 At this time we are at capacity for nonprofit clients. Please check back later to see if any consultation spots for nonprofits have become available. Feel free to ask about availability for our October and November nonprofit legal clinics.
For additional questions please email: email@example.com
If you are an attorney and would like to volunteer at the clinic, please contact. Sarah@communities-rise.org
All legal matters due to Covid-19, please see additional information on our Covid-19 legal clinic by clicking here.