This page is where the training and written resources for volunteer attorneys of the Communities Rise Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic lives.
General Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic Information
- Covid-19 Legal Clinic Volunteer Orientation Video: All volunteer attorneys are required to watch this 10 minute video to orient you to the clinic process.
CARES Act (PPP and EIDL) Resources
- Payroll Protection Program (PPP)
- PPP Updates and Supplemental Information – This Communities Rise document is updated frequently and provides up-to-date information about the PPP Program. This document is intended to supplement the training videos on PPP Program available below. We recommend reviewing this document before consulting with clients on the PPP application.
- National Council of Nonprofits Covid-19 Relief Legislation Summary Chart (Dec. 21, 2020)
- SBA Sample PPP Application form (Revised June 12, 2020).
- SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Form (Released May 15, 2020)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Updates – How to Track Expenses and Secure Forgiveness Webinar (July 22, 2020)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Webinar (May 21, 2020)- For CLE Credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- List of PPP Lenders
- PPP Application Walk-Through Video (30 minutes) (.5 CLE Credit available through the WSBA, see instructions below on how to get CLE Credit)
- Treasury FAQs on PPP, Updated Dec 9, 2020
- Treasury.gov page with links to Interim Rules on PPP Program
- SBA How to Calculate PPP Maximum Loan Amount by Business Type, April 24, 2020
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- EIDL Updates and Supplemental Information – This Communities Rise document is updated frequently and provides up-to-date information about the EIDLProgram. This document is intended to supplement the training videos on PPP Program available below. We recommend reviewing this document before consulting with clients on the PPP application.
- EIDL Online Application Walk-Through Video for Small Businesses (25 minutes)
- EIDL Online Application Walk-Through Video for Nonprofits (25 minutes) (.5 CLE Credit available through the WSBA, see instructions below on how to get CLE Credit)
- EIDL Online Application form in pdf format
Employment Law Resources
- Covid-19 Employment Law Resource Guide. This document includes information and resources on the employment law provision under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the CARES Act (paid leave, unemployment), and other common legal questions that arise due to Covid-19.
Commercial Lease Resources
- Communities Rise Commercial Lease Amendment Toolkit:
- Summary of WA State and City of Seattle Moratoriums and Proclamations on Commercial Leases
- Lease Amendment Template
- Lease Termination Template
- Tenant Letter #1 (short)to Landlord to renegotiate lease template. This template letter is short and is designed to accompany a proposed Lease Amendment.
- Tenant Letter#2 to Landlord to renegotiate lease template This template letter has a variety of amendment options to choose from in the template.
- Training video on Template Lease Amendment (coming soon)
- Communities Rise Commercial Lease Toolkit:
- Commercial Lease Checklist for Small Businesses Summary
- Commercial Lease Checklist for Small Businesses
- Commercial Lease Key Terms Definitions
- Also available in Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish and Amharic. Email us at email@example.com if you need translated versions.
- Washington Rules of Professional Conduct
- Washington RPC 6.5
- WSBA “Professional Responsibility During Pandemic” Resources
- WSBA Ethics Hotline
Race Equity and Cultural Humility Resources
- Tips for Working With Small Business Owners and Nonprofits in Diverse Communities (Communities Rise)
- Understanding Oppression – Strategies in Addressing Power and Privilege (Leticia Nieto and Margot F. Boyer)
- 5 Levels of Addressing Race Equity (JustLead WA)
- Equality to Liberation Graphic
- White Fragility, Robin Diangelo (International Journal of Critical Pedagogy 2011) – This is an academic journal article.
- White Fragility – Why Its’ So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism, Robin Diangelo and Michael Eric Dyson (2018) – This is a book published in 2018.
Click here for more Covid-19 Resources.
Lawyers for Good Government also has a resource page for Covid-19 Clinic Volunteer Lawyers. For Washington State, Communities Rise has chosen to host our resources on this page.
For WSBA CLE Credit on our PPP and EIDL Videos:
- Log into the WSBA’s MCLE dashboard with your bar number and password.
- From your MCLE Dashboard, click on the green “Add an Activity” button.
- Select the activity type “Recorded Course”
- Next, you will be prompted to search for the course. Enter the activity ID number:
- PPP Video – 1138862
- EIDL Small Business Video – 1138859
- EIDL Nonprofit Video – 1138861
- If the activity appears in the search results, click on the activity ID number. Enter the number of credits earned (.5 for PPP and EIDL Videos) and the viewing dates (if applicable), then click “Add to Roster.” The activity will automatically add to your roster.