Last updated 05/31/2022
This page provides resources and education on nonprofit and small business employers’ responsibilities to their employees and best practices on providing services and information to the community with respect to the coronavirus.
Need legal or capacity building support on COVID-19 related issues? If you need additional support specific to your organization or small business, please let us know. We are doing our best to provide increased legal and capacity building assistance during this time.
- For Capacity Building Services, please contact us through the Covid-19 Capacity Building Support Inquiry Form.
- If we are unable to provide direct assistance, we will do our best to connect you with additional resources.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Please note the resources below are for reference purposes only. A nonprofit or small business should always consult with a knowledgeable attorney to tailor this information to the organization’s needs. If you do not have an attorney, we may be able to help provide you with one (that’s what we do).
- Seattle Moratoria FAQ: these documents cover questions about the protections for commercial and residential tenants.
- Public Health – Seattle & King County’s coronavirus resource page
- Public Health – Seattle & King County’s recommendations to protect our community
- Public Health – Seattle & King County’s anti-stigma resources
- Washington State Department of Health’s website. The state has also set up a call center to address questions from the public. Call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Washington State’s official COVID-19 info page
Communities Rise COVID-19 Alerts
- Legal Alert: Covid-19 Relief Package Impacts Nonprofits and Small Businesses
- Communities Rise Offers Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Funding Alert
- Funding Alert: Get Ready Now for PPP Loans!
- Legal Alert: Small Business and Nonprofit Loans/Grants Available Now Under The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- Legal Alert: Governor Inslee’s Stay Home – Stay Healthy Proclamation: What it means for your nonprofit or business
- Legal Alert: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Nonprofit Employers Need to Know
- Legal Alert: Recommended Practices for Employers in Response to Coronavirus
- Adjustments to Service Delivery in Light of COVID-19
Emergency Federal Funding Opportunities PPP, EIDL, SVOG, ARPA Programs for
Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Washington Small Business and Nonprofit Flex Fund – low interest and flexible loans for Washington’s small businesses and nonprofits.
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for Nonprofits, Washington Nonprofits (2021)
- ARPA Analysis of Key Provisions Affecting Nonprofits and the People They Serve, National Council of Nonprofits (March 12, 2021)
- PPP Loan Updates and Supplemental Information – Communities Rise (Updated October 5, 2021)
- EIDL Loan Updates and Supplemental Information – Communities Rise (Updated October 5, 2021)
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program summary – Communities Rise (Updated March 25, 2021)
- PPP Forgiveness and Updates Webinar (January 21, 2021) – Communities Rise. This webinar outlines the changes to the PPP Loan program adopted by the SBA for this second round of PPP funding (January- March 2021).
- smallbizhelpwa.com – Up-to-date WA State website on Federal funding programs (PPP, EIDL, Shuttered Venue Grant) and WA State grants – WA Economic Development Association (2021)
- SAM.gov tutorial created by SBA (2021) – This is a tutorial on obtaining a SAM registration that is necessary to apply for Shuttered Venue Operators Grant and new Restaurant owners grant)
- PPP Loan Lender List (WA State) (2021)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness FAQs, Treasury (October 13, 2020)
- PPP Loan FAQs, Treasury (March 12, 2021)
- Table Summary of Covid-19 Relief Package, passed by Congress on Dec. 21, 2020, National Council of Nonprofits (December 22, 2020)
- Small Business/Nonprofit Resources in WA – Website with up to date info on Federal and WA State funding programs.
- NEW- PPP Loan Forgiveness Updates Webinar – How to Track Expenses and Secure Forgiveness (July 22, 2020)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Webinar (May 21, 2020) – NOTE: Changes to Forgiveness process have been made by the SBA since this webinar was recorded.
- PPP Loan Program Information (SBA)
- EIDL Online Application in pdf format
- 501Commons – Providing PPP application assistance and access to lenders.
- Technical Assistance Providers for PPP Loan Applications (2021)
- Dept. of Treasury page on PPP – Check this website for latest information from the Treasury on PPP. This page gets updated frequently.
- Small Business Administration page on Covid Federal Funding for Businesses and Nonprofits – Check this website for latest information from the SBA on PPP, EIDL, Shuttered Venue Grants. This page gets updated frequently.
- Paycheck Protection Program Toolbox – the PPP Toolbox is designed to support nonprofit organizations as they navigate the Paycheck Protection Program, from application, loan management, reporting, and forgiveness.
Emergency Funding Opportunities for Small Businesses and Nonprofits – general
- IRS Publication on Coronavirus-related paid leave (Families First Coronavirus Response Act, March 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus – Employer Liability Issues, Mark A. Lies II and Daniel Birnbaum, Seyfarth
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Small business resources
- WA Small Business and Nonprofit Help on Federal and WA State Funding programs – Get up-to-date info on PPP, EIDL, Shuttered Venue and WA State Small Business grants.
- WA State Covid-19 Reopening Guildelines for Businesses
- Summary of WA State and City of Seattle Moratorium and Proclamations on Commercial Leases, (updated Dec. 17, 2020)
- City of Seattle Emergency Order – Moratorium on Small Business Tenant Evictions (March 17, 2020) and Executive Order 2020 -12: Covid 19 Civil Emergency – Extension of City Closures and Relief Measures, which extends the moratorium on evictions through March 31, 2021. Council Ordinance 126066 on Commercial Leases (April 17, 2020) and Council Ordinance 126116 on Limiting Personal Liability on Commercial Leases (July 31, 2020)
- WA State Proclamation on Commercial Leases, 20-19.4 (Oct. 14, 2020) extends through Dec. 31, 2020.