Last updated 12/22/20
This page provides resources and education on nonprofit and small business employers’ responsibilities to their employees and best practices on providing services and information to the community with respect to the coronavirus.
Need legal or capacity building support on COVID-19 related issues? If you need additional support specific to your organization or small business, please let us know. We are doing our best to provide increased legal and capacity building assistance during this time.
- For Capacity Building Services, please contact us through the Covid-19 Capacity Building Support Inquiry Form.
- For Legal Services at our Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic, please contact us through our Covid-19 Legal Clinic Client Intake Form.
- If we are unable to provide direct assistance, we will do our best to connect you with additional resources.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Please note the resources below are for reference purposes only. A nonprofit or small business should always consult with a knowledgeable attorney to tailor this information to the organization’s needs. If you do not have an attorney, we may be able to help provide you with one (that’s what we do).
Communities Rise COVID-19 Alerts
- Legal Alert: Covid-19 Relief Package Impacts Nonprofits and Small Businesses
- Communities Rise Offers Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Funding Alert
- Funding Alert: Get Ready Now for PPP Loans!
- Legal Alert: Small Business and Nonprofit Loans/Grants Available Now Under The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- Legal Alert: Governor Inslee’s Stay Home – Stay Healthy Proclamation: What it means for your nonprofit or business
- Legal Alert: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: What Nonprofit Employers Need to Know
- Legal Alert: Recommended Practices for Employers in Response to Coronavirus
- Adjustments to Service Delivery in Light of COVID-19
CARES Act Emergency Federal Funding Opportunities (Small Businesses/Nonprofits)
- PPP Loan Updates and Supplemental Information – Communities Rise (Updated Jan. 19, 2021)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness FAQs, Treasury (October 13, 2020)
- PPP Loan FAQs, Treasury (December 9, 2020)
- Summary of Covid-19 Relief Package, passed by Congress on Dec. 21, 2020., Jewish Federations (December 22, 2020)
- Table Summary of Covid-19 Relief Package, passed by Congress on Dec. 21, 2020, National Council of Nonprofits (December 22, 2020)
- NEW- PPP Loan Forgiveness Updates Webinar – How to Track Expenses and Secure Forgiveness (July 22, 2020)
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Webinar (May 21, 2020) – NOTE: Changes to Forgiveness process have been made by the SBA since this webinar was recorded.
- PPP Loan Program Information (SBA)
- EIDL Online Application in pdf format
- 501Commons – Providing PPP application assistance and access to lenders.
- Dept. of Treasury page on PPP – Check this website for latest information from the Treasury on PPP. This page gets updated frequently.
- Small Business Administration page on PPP – Check this website for latest information from the SBA. This page gets updated frequently.
- List of PPP Lenders -Online and WA State
- Preguntas Frecuentes Sobre el Programa de Protección de Pago de Cheques para Pequeñas Empresas (Spanish version of Payroll Protection Loans for Small Businesses)
- Paycheck Protection Program Toolbox – the PPP Toolbox is designed to support nonprofit organizations as they navigate the Paycheck Protection Program, from application, loan management, reporting, and forgiveness.
- IRS Publication on Coronavirus-related paid leave (Families First Coronavirus Response Act, March 20, 2020.
- Coronavirus – Employer Liability Issues, Mark A. Lies II and Daniel Birnbaum, Seyfarth
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
Small business resources
- WA State Covid-19 Reopening Guildelines for Businesses
- Summary of WA State and City of Seattle Moratorium and Proclamations on Commercial Leases, (updated Dec. 17, 2020)
- City of Seattle Emergency Order – Moratorium on Small Business Tenant Evictions (March 17, 2020) and Executive Order 2020 -12: Covid 19 Civil Emergency – Extension of City Closures and Relief Measures, which extends the moratorium on evictions through March 31, 2021. Council Ordinance 126066 on Commercial Leases (April 17, 2020) and Council Ordinance 126116 on Limiting Personal Liability on Commercial Leases (July 31, 2020)
- WA State Proclamation on Commercial Leases, 20-19.4 (Oct. 14, 2020) extends through Dec. 31, 2020.
- Public Health – Seattle & King County’s coronavirus resource page
- Public Health – Seattle & King County’s recommendations to protect our community
- Public Health – Seattle & King County’s anti-stigma resources
- Washington State Department of Health’s website. The state has also set up a call center to address questions from the public. Call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Washington State’s official COVID-19 info page